Sunday 21 August 2011

Things fall apart, keep me together

Oh Lord my God!
How great thou art;
You hold all things together
By the power of Your Word...

My life is like the raging sea,
Doubts, distress and billows there be.
You calmed the storms of Galilee;
Please calm the storm of life in me...

Things fall apart every day
Yet in all things, You're my hope and stay;
Like a wand’ ring bark on the sea of life
I look to You, my Guiding Light...

Things fall apart around me Lord;
Please hold me together by the strength of Your Word.
In your everlasting promise of life I trust
Though death and decay around me burst...

Keep me safe in the storms of life,
Anchored to You despite the strife;
Bring me to Your Promised Land
Of my pilgrim's journey, make a glorious end...

This poem was inspired by Ps 91, Col 1:16-18, Gen 1:1-4, John 1:1-5 , Ps 18:2, Ps 31:3, Jer 16:19, Luke 6:47-49, Mk 4:37-41, 1 Cor 10:4, Rev 21 & 22