Saturday 24 December 2011

Pilgrim


I am a pilgrim on a journey
To the Promised Land;
I have asked God for guidance,
That He would take my hand…

Often anxious, often weary
As meandering paths I tread
I remember my Saviour;
He had no place to lay His head…

I will trust Him for He already has traveled this narrow way;
He is my fire by night, my pillar of cloud by day
He will never leave me, nor forsake me;
His Promise is sure
I will be with Him in His Kingdom,
Where we will dwell forevermore…

While I journey on this road,
I find tokens of His love:
The garden of tears,
The Cross on which He shed His blood…

He died to relieve me
Of my burden of sin,
So He could raise me to glory,
To a new life with Him…

Now I live to serve Him,
Though my debt I cannot repay;
All I can do is walk this journey
In His strength each day…

Soon, my journey will be over
And I will take my rest;
When my King comes in glory,
I will awaken in the City of the Blessed…

This poem was inspired by: Gal 4:26, Heb 11, Matt 8:19-20, Ex 13:21-22, Matt 28:18-20, Mark 14:32-72, John 19:16-20, 2 Cor 5:21, Is 53, Rom 6, Ps 46, Rev 21-22