Saturday 10 December 2011

Jesus, You are the Constant in my life


Jesus, You are the only Constant in my life
Brighter than the brightest star You shine!
The winds of change cannot dim Your light;
You are the Constant, the Constant in my life…(Chorus)

Jesus, Your Word will stand forevermore!
Never void will it return to You, Oh Lord;
Though heaven and earth  pass away,
Your Word forever will remain…

Jesus, You are my Guiding Light!
I will walk by faith and not by sight;
Trusting in Your everlasting Love,
Your mercy like dewdrops from above
You are the Constant, the Constant in my life…

Jesus, bright and morning Star!
Jesus, what a wonder You are!
Saints and angels bow and adore;
You are greatest, the greatest of all!

Jesus, Your Name will be known in all the earth!
Every knee will bow to praise its infinite worth;
Every creature, even the last will be first
To declare your praiseworthiness
You are the Constant, the Constant in my life…

Jesus, Lamb of Atonement to Your Friends!
Lion to those who fight against Your rule;
Heaven’s Your throne and earth Your footstool
You are the Constant in every single life!

End with Chorus


This poem/song was inspired by:John 8:12, John 9:5, Is 40:8, Matt 24:35, Is 66:1, Heb 10:11-19, Hab 2:14, Matt 19:30