Sunday 5 August 2012

In God's Country


Looking through the window of a plane one day,
I dreamed of a country far, far away
Where there’s no more sorrow and pain…

In God’s Country, beyond the bright blue
In the third Heaven
Where I’ll be going soon…

In God’s Country, where His children will abide
The streets are paved with gold that no one desires!
A rainbow encircles the throne of the Most High
In God’s Country, where there’s no more crying…

In God’s Country, where His children will abide
They will picnic with Jesus under the Tree of Life;
There are mansions fair, glorious and bright
In God’s Country, where there’s no more night!

No more sea of separation, or lonely isles;
No more silent tears or wistful goodbyes;
No more death and dying, sickness or pain
All because of Jesus, the Lamb that was slain!

The beauty of God’s Country is its Saviour  and King
Who died to ensure that His children get in;
We will see His hands, the scars  will testify
Of a love that never, ever will die!

Until that time I arrive at that place,
The blessed city with it’s pearly gates
A piece of it remains within my heart;
A hope that won’t die until I see it at last!

In God ‘s country far, far away
For a thousand years, the redeemed will remain!
And then God’s Country will come down to earth
Like a bride adorned, there will be joy and mirth…

In God’s Country, where His children abide
Blessed Sabbaths together, songs at eventide;
The lion and lamb, they will lie down in peace
In God’s Country, where my home will be…

I can see it afar, but I’m not there yet!
Over the horizon’s line, is the Promised Land
My faith can taste the goodness of the Land afar
That flows with milk and honey, it’s golden doors ajar
God’s Country is mine, for I am His
It’s His Promise to me, it’s my heritage!

Scripture refs: Rev 21, 22