Thursday 7 June 2012

Looking Back, Pressing Forward


So many times, I thought all was lost,
That all was for naught
But you always led me home…

Looking back, pressing forward;
My life’s like a puzzle,
But I know You’re leading me…

I can count on You!
Heaven’s fiery Lion,
My eternal Champion!
Jesus, Lord of All…

Looking back, pressing forward;
I know You’re watching over me!
I’m no longer chasing the wind
And life’s no longer an impossible dream…

The flower of Your Grace opens wide before me!
The power of Your Love totally surrounds me!
Like a brilliant torch, a new day is dawning;
Your Grace is at work, and Your Grace is enough…

Looking back, pressing forward,
Your Word opens the way for me;
Like a star, Your Grace shines free
And I know I’m not alone…

Anchored in the strength of Your Grace,
Waiting for the Day when we’ll meet face to face;
I’m looking back, always pressing forward… (this line x2)


The message that inspired this song:Looking back” in this song doesn’t refer to looking back in doubt or nostalgia for the past. No, it’s not looking back in the sense that Lot’s wife did, for she turned into a pillar of salt. “Looking back” refers to the sense you get that when you review the events of your life and take stock of your past, you can see God in it…always waiting, always watching, always with you. It’s like He is making the whole Universe conspire to ensure your success. God is rooting for you. He is on your side, and that makes you UNSTOPPABLE…This is a song of encouragement to those who have seen God lead in the past; He will take care of your future! To those who can’t seem to see Him in your past, look more carefully…because He is there!

The Scriptures behind this song: Phil 3:10-14, Rom 8:28-31, 2 Cor 12:9-10


NOTE: The last instalment of the series on Grace in Genesis will continue next week.